Thursday, August 19, 2010

It's a troll with an explative bazooka!

So I got my first chance to use Captain Gunnbjorn in a game of Hordes MKII. He's one of the GenCon pre-release models. He really helps to fill a gap that the Trollbloods had from a lack of ranged support from a warlock.

His spell Guided Fire gives all models in his battlegroup an autoboost to ranged attack rolls. That's super sweet with a couple of Impalers who get a critical knockdown effect. It also gives Gunnbjorn the autoboost which is really sweet with the critical effect on his bazooka. It tosses anyone under its 3" AoE back a number of inches equal to a roll of a d6. It's great against infantry, which is exactly what my first oppenent was running the first time I played Gunnbjorn. Unfortunately attrition was his plan. I lost.

Anyhow, I bought this model primarily because it's a troll with a bazooka. The imagery is just awesome. I really like his spell list but his feat is gaysauce. The only other real complaint I have is that he has zero by way of melee support. He's a total one trick pony, but that one trick is so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment